My own background in well being, health and education comes from both personal experiences and from professional education throughout my career. When I grew up I was a lot like many other young boys as I was a sports mad youngster.
However, any potential ability that I had was quickly compromised by the time I reached my teenage years when I began to have lots of injuries and ailments. By the time I was a young adult I had been diagnosed with scoliosis.
If you have never heard of scoliosis, don’t fret, as many people have not heard of it also. It initially affects your spine and it begins to become evident when you notice your spine making, in the majority of cases, a ‘C’ shaped curve. In my case, however, it was different. My spine began to take the ‘S’ shape which meant that it was going to give even more trouble to me than that of the average sufferer with this condition. My curves were not like a lovely lady`s but were in fact a medical condition that began to not only shape my body, but my health and my whole life also.
This experience and subsequent professional experiences have led me to write the book Curvakure which deals with those that suffer from scoliosis, kyphosis, spinal issues and other associated emotional and mental health issues. It is due out for publication in March 2019.
In my young adult years I became a teacher. Having been an educator for 17 years with the Department of Education across a variety of positions and posts I studied for a Phd on the behaviours of children and young people. My learning from this opened my mind further to the need for well-being, health and education. Some of them later years were spent working extensively with children and adolescents who had behavioural and socially issues and this sculpted my skills of human understanding to a further degree.
At the same time my own personal problems were beginning to accelerate. I became intensely interested in finding my cure for back debilitating issues. I needed to be healed. I used my professional educational knowledge to research extensively and through trial and error found ways to heal myself.
Throughout my time in learning about well-being, health and education, I`ve experienced a lot.
When I was suffering the worst I promised myself that when I did make myself well I would one day study to learn the things that helped heal me. This promise came out of my deep feeling of wanting to help you so that you never have to feel the way that I did. In essence, that’s why I created this consultancy, to provide well being, health and education for you through my highly accredited courses and products and to allow you to learn through my writing.
I really do hope you choose to allow my expertise to improve your well-being, health and education needs as I sincerely know that with my personal and professional background I can help to heal you.
A Snippet of Dr. Conor’s Bio:
- DBM, M.Lit; M.P.E, H.Dip Ed. (P.P), B.B.S, B.Sc. C.L.C, A.Y.T.
- Founder of www.DocConor.com Well Being, Health and Education Consultancy
- Author of Mental Health for Millennials (Volume 1 & 2) and Curvakure
- Galway 40° C Yoga Company Owner , Manager and Head Instructor 2008-2010
- Junior Chamber Ireland, National Outstanding Young Person of the Year Award Winner, 2006
- Junior Chamber Ireland, Galway Outstanding Young Person of the Year Award Winner, 2006
- Ireland`s First Specialist and Premier Children`s Life Coach
- Galway Mayo Institute of Technology Business Graduates` Chairperson 2003-2010
- Galway Mayo Institute of Technology Student of the Year Award Winner 2003
- Teaching Council Registration https://www.teachingcouncil.ie/en/Registration/Register-of-Teachers/Search-the-Register/Search-the-Register.html
Listen to Dr.Conor Speak on Radio
On America’s Coaching Impact Radio: http://coachingimpactradio.com/?s=child
On Ireland’s Athlone Community Radio: https://soundcloud.com/galwayeye/athlone-community-radio-interview-with-conor-hogan
On Ireland’s Galway Bay FM: https://soundcloud.com/user468040338